If you've dabbled in our custom training platform at one point or another, you have probably created more than one version of your model and one or more concepts to go along with it. On the surface this would seem rather intuitive, but the part where it gets a little tricky is that we hold onto all past versions of your model (even the ones that you trained like a month ago, yes), and thus old concepts from those versions still count towards your usage unless you delete those versions explicitly.
Let's take a look at how to do that!
Generally you'll want to delete past model versions for one of two reasons depending on what type of account you have.
- You're a Community Tier user and you're receiving a "11006 Account limits exceeded" error when you're trying to delete a concept, OR
- You're an Essential Tier user and you don't want to be charged for past concepts that you've deleted.
Whatever the case may be, you can either delete these past model versions via the User Interface or with our API.
Deleting Model Versions Via the User Interface
If you're not a programmer and you want a simple point-and-click way of doing this, then it's actually quite simple! Here are the steps:
1. First, click on your model name in the top left corner:
2. Then, click on the Versions tab on the ensuing page:
You will now see a list of all of your model versions and some handy trash can icons at the far right of each of them.
All you need to do at this point is....
3. Click on the Trash Can Icon for any past versions that you want to delete.
It's important to note here that you can actually delete your current most up-to-date model version, so be careful not to do that!!! (Unless you want to of course, then by all means, delete away). And voila, that's it!
Deleting Model Versions Via the API
On the flip side, if you are a programmer or you have one handy at your side, you may want to delete these past model versions programatically. Fortunately we provide two endpoints that make this easy to do.
1. List All Model Versionshttps://docs.clarifai.com/advanced/models#list-model-versions
2. Delete a Model Version
You'll need to loop through the second one if you want to delete X versions at a time, but with the list obtained from the first endpoint that should be fairly easy.
And that's it!
Once past model versions are removed, the deleted concepts from those models will not longer count towards your billing or your usage.